Special Protection for Armed Forces Support Workers Injured on the Job

    If you work in a support service to the armed forces and you get hurt at work, you could get access to special workers’ compensation benefits under federal law.

    You could get checks for lost wages and coverage for all the medical care you need because of your injury. After a work injury has disrupted your life, this is the kind of support that can turn everything around.

    It comes through a law called the Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.

    The law is for people who work around docks, ports, and ships. But then the government extended it to civilians who support military members through another law called the Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentalities Act, or NAF Act.

    Under the NAF Act, if you’re working in a service that provides “comfort, pleasure, contentment, and mental and physical improvement” to members of the armed forces, you could qualify for benefits. This could include shopkeepers on military bases, daycare workers, housekeepers, and administrative workers.

    Workers Compensation, LLC, has workers’ comp lawyers with extensive experience with this law. Check with us to see whether your job injury could get you benefits.

    We help people in Metairie, New Orleans, Hammond, the Northshore, Baton Rouge, Houma, Lafayette, Alexandria, Shreveport, Monroe, or anywhere else in Louisiana.

    Workers’ Comp Is What We Do.

    Contact Us Today! »

    What Benefits Can I Get under the NAF Act?

    Benefits for a workplace injury under the NAF Act include:

    • Payment for your lost wages when you can’t work (at two-thirds of your previous pay)
    • Medical treatment to recover from your injury
    • Vocational rehabilitation to transition back to work

    The federal workers’ comp you could receive is a valuable benefit. It doesn’t have the same limits as state workers’ comp.

    Most forms of Louisiana workers’ comp end after 10 years. Not so with NAF Act workers’ comp claims.

    Louisiana also caps the amount you can get in compensation benefits much lower than the federal longshore program.

    We can help you make sure you and your family are taken care of after a work injury sidelines you.

    To see whether you qualify, talk to the legal team at Workers’ Compensation, LLC.

    We can provide an initial consultation on your case for free.

    Get My Free Evaluation!

    How Do I Start My Claim under the NAF Act?

    When you’re hurt at work in a job covered by the NAF Act, take these steps immediately to be sure you get the financial assistance you’re owed:

    • Report your injury to your employer.
    • Get the medical care you need.
    • File a written report with your employer within 30 days.
    • Choose a doctor for ongoing treatment.
    • Talk to a workers’ compensation lawyer.

    It’s important to move fast to start your claim. You have deadlines to meet. Plus, it can take time to get awarded benefits, so you want to start as soon as possible.

    This is a special process run by the U.S. Department of Labor. It could require you to appear in a trial in front of an administrative law judge.

    So talk to one of our lawyers as soon as you can. Our workers’ comp lawyers know how to handle this process. And the moves you make early can shape your success at winning benefits later.

    You likely will pay no attorney fee. The federal law requires your employer and its insurance company to pay for your attorney in most cases.

    Let’s make sure you recover from your injury in every way you can, including financially.

    Tell us about your case.

    Call Us Now! »

    I Want My Free Consultation

      Serving Workers
      Everywhere in Louisiana

      CALL US »